This document outlines how personal information may be collected and used (or not used) on this website, and outlines responsibilities and liabilities that correspond to such collection and/or use. These terms cover this website and its content exclusively and do not include websites that are linked, or malicious third parties.
Who we are:
Our website address is: https://actioncoach.ca/
Collection of Information”
We only collect personal information such as names, addresses, and contact information when it is voluntarily submitted by our users. The information provided is only used to fulfill your specific request, and cannot be used for any other purpose unless permission is given by the individual who provided the information.
Cookies and Tracking Technology:
What are Cookies?
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Monitor your use of our website and gather analytics to help us improve your browsing experience
- Remember your preferences to personalize your visit
- Personalize our website and display information relevant to you
- Help us improve the usability of our website.
SMS Communication Policy
The purpose of this SMS Communication Policy is to establish guidelines for the appropriate use of SMS (Short Message Service) messaging to ensure compliance with Canadian government regulations and to protect the privacy, security, and interests of ActionCOACH Canada, its employees, and its clients.
This policy applies to all employees, contractors, and affiliates of ActionCOACH Canada who use SMS messaging for communication pertaining to company business.
3. Compliance with Canadian Law
ActionCOACH Canada is committed to full compliance with all applicable Canadian laws and regulations concerning SMS communications, including but not limited to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), and the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) regulations.
4. Consent and Opt-In Requirements
- 4.1. Prior Consent: SMS messages shall only be sent to recipients who have provided explicit consent to receive such messages from ActionCOACH Canada.
- 4.2. Opt-In Mechanism: ActionCOACH Canada will implement and maintain an easily accessible and user-friendly opt-in mechanism for recipients to consent to receive SMS communications.
- 4.3. Record Keeping: Records of consent, including digital or electronic forms, shall be maintained for each recipient as per Canadian regulatory requirements.
5. Content of SMS Messages
- 5.1. Transparency: All SMS messages sent by ActionCOACH Canada will clearly identify ActionCOACH Canada as the sender.
- 5.2. Relevance: Messages will be relevant and related to the purpose for which the recipient has consented to receive SMS communications.
- 5.3. Compliance: All messages will comply with the language and content standards as per Canadian law, including avoiding deceptive or misleading information.
6. Privacy and Data Security
- 6.1. Data Protection: ActionCOACH Canada is committed to protecting the personal information of SMS recipients in accordance with PIPEDA and other relevant privacy laws.
- 6.2. Information Sharing: Personal information collected through SMS communications will not be shared with third parties without the explicit consent of the individual, except as required by law.
- 6.3. Data Retention: Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
7. Opt-Out and Unsubscribe Mechanism
- 7.1. Easy Opt-Out: ActionCOACH Canada will provide an easy and straightforward mechanism for recipients to opt-out or unsubscribe from SMS communications at any time.
- 7.2. Prompt Action: Requests to unsubscribe or opt-out will be acted upon promptly, and no later than 10 business days from the receipt of the request, as per CASL regulations.
8. Monitoring and Enforcement
- 8.1. Policy Compliance: ActionCOACH Canada will regularly monitor SMS communications for compliance with this policy and Canadian law.
- 8.2. Violations: Any violations of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or contract.
9. Policy Review and Update
- 9.1. Regular Review: This policy will be reviewed regularly to ensure ongoing compliance with Canadian laws and regulations.
- 9.2. Updates: ActionCOACH Canada reserves the right to modify this policy at any time to reflect changes in the law, industry standards, or company practices.
Embedded content from other websites:
Who we share your data with:
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data:
For users who register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data:
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent:
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
- By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. Accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
- Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions, we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights on our website and the material on our website. All the copyright and other intellectual property rights on our website and the material on our website are reserved.
License to use website:
- You may, subject to the other provisions of the terms and conditions:
- a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
c) print pages from our website; and
d) stream audio and video files from our website.
- Subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
c) show any material from our website in public;
d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
e) redistribute material from our website.
5. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- You must not:
a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our expressed written consent;
e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means; or
f) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- Unless stated on the website, you must not use data collected from our website to contact third party individuals, companies (partners/franchisees/etc), or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is accurate, current, complete, and non-misleading.
We do not warrant or represent:
- a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation. We also reserve the right to save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, that you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the terms and conditions, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
Limitations and exclusions of liability:
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- a) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
b) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, or exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in the terms and conditions govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence), and for breach of statutory duty.
- To the extent that our website and the information on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities, or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database, or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our directors, officers, and employees, and having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our directors, officers, or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions:
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website; or
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition, or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract, or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract, or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and these terms and conditions are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties’ rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
Subject to these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policies, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
Law and jurisdiction:
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Canadian law, with precedence set in the Province of Alberta. Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian courts, with precedence set in the Province of Alberta.
This website is owned and operated by ActionCOACH Canada Master License Ltd. You can contact us by writing to the business address given on the website, by using our website contact form or by reaching us through the phone number and email indicated on the website.